Hi again! I’ve been busy preparing myself for the start of National Novel Writing Month. First let me tell you what I am NOT going to do:
- Not stocking up on bad foods. Writing every day is not an excuse to overindulge.
- Not going to abandon my domestic goddess duties (if the house isn’t clean I can’t write).
- Not going to use my house as an excuse to fail. Hubby is aware of my goal. I am at home all day so I have time to write as well as do other things that need doing.
- Not going to abandon what little exercise I do and use writing as my excuse not to do it.
- Not going to stop reading other books. Now, I know I can’t read as much because if I do then I know it will interfere. But have to keep the inspiration going.
- Not going to panic. If the going gets tough I won’t be too proud to reach out to my friends who will encourage me and help me.
- Not going to punish myself when I have a bad day.
Those are my rules for this attempt at NaNo. If you think of others I might subscribe to, feel free to offer them!
I have gathered my materials. Dictionary, pens, notepads, pencils, printer ink and lots of paper (I do like to read what I have done), maps, notes, outline, pictures (i have some that are going to help me visualize my story place). What materials do you use?
There is just one rule that is going to plague me, torture me, torment me, trouble and tempt me:
I MUST NOT STOP TO EDIT!
And that will be the hardest thing of all. If I worry about anything preventing me from succeeding, it is that one emotional pull for perfection.
Please do note the lovely new changes to the blog. Less tabs above (I was too junkie), and fewer links. Those that remain are truly worth your time.
One last thing, if you stop by, please leave a note. I could use the feedback. Cya!