Continuting the Blog Challenge, today’s task: Day 8 List your 10 all time favorite movies
Oh this is EASY! In NO particular order:
1) 1939 B&W Hound of the Baskervilles w/ Basil Rathbone
2) 1968 Yours, Mine and Ours, w/Lucille Ball, Henry Fonda and Van Johnson
3) 1940 Pride and Prejudice w/Greer Garson and Laurence Olivier
4) 1954 White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye
5) 1960 The Magnificent Seven – Yul Brenner
6) 1971 Big Jake w/John Wayne
7) 1939 Gone with the Wind w/Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable
8) 1963 A Gathering of Eagles w/Rock Hudson and Kirk Douglas w/Barry Sullivan
9) 1965 The Sound of Music w/Julie Andrews
10) 1942 Bambi by Disney
(Wild cards 11-15: The Sting (1973), Top Gun (1986), Rebecca (1940), The Godfather (1972), The Goodbye Girl (2000) )
I’m looking forward to reading about your favs, too.
ON THE DESK: Finished the latest Kevin Hearne book and now I’m reading the first of the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, CITY OF BONES. (Bones, hmm. I must gratitate to them, no?) So far for a YA it is intriguing.
ODDS AND ENDS: There’s been a great deal of rain where I live. I’m considering learned to build an ark.
Guess what? I’m getting a case of wine labeled with my book’s cover. How cool is that? The fabulous Childress Winery takes their very delightful red wine and creates a label for me. I’ll show you a picture when I get them. I hope to have them in time for the book launch party. Cross your fingers because you have to get permission to relabel wine like that. We’re hoping it will be ready!